Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Fantasy Feature: Jared in Kansas Fine Art Photography


Although Jared's photos are not explicitly fantasy, several of his pieces evoke such a beautiful, ethereal feel that we decided to feature his work for our Friday Fantasy Feature series.

Name: Jared May

What do you do? I am a math teacher in my non-Etsy life, a husband, and father of three wonderful boys.

The piece reminds us of the Lord of the Rings.

Where do you get your inspiration for your work? I am inspired by the beauty of the natural world, and I attempt to capture that in my photographs.
Do you have any pieces that are inspired by fantasy? Or are reminiscent of fantasy? That's tough to answer. I try to leave room for interpretation in my photographs, so I hope that some of my pieces allow people to see that if that's where their imagination takes them, but it's hard to know what other people see. I'd be interested to know.


How did you become involved in your work? I started taking pictures when I was eight - my mom got me started young.

What made you start selling your creations? My wife pointed Etsy out to me, and I figured it was worth a shot. I listed five prints just to see what would happen, and it worked out.


What is your favorite item that you make? My favorites are actually my hand drawn colored pencil ACEOs, which aren't actually in the shop at the moment. I like to do different interpretations of some of my photographs in different colors and moods. They're fun to make.

We're waiting for the unicorn to appear...

Which fantasy creature is your favorite: fairy, dragon, or vampire? I'd have to go with fairies. To me, they represent magic and mystery and beauty, all things I also associate with the natural world.

Check out Jared KS on:

Etsy Shop: Jared in Kansas Fine Art Photography
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5030000

Website: jaredks.etsy.com

Blog: jaredks.blogspot.com

Twitter: JaredKS

Other: flickr.com/photos/jaredks


Angie & Sarah

La SuaVoce Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment