Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Fantasy Feature: Rockin Mama Baby Gear

Rockin Mama's Baby Gear is adorable, unqiue, and truly has attitude. She sells baby booties, diaper bags, burp cloths and other items for babies and moms. What makes Rockin Mama so unique is her syle. "Rockin" pretty much says it all...
We chose Rockin Mama for this week's Friday Fantasy Feature because of the Halloween pieces she sells. Check out her Halloween booties. Many of her other items incorporate fun skull patterns.

Baby Blankie

Name: Celestial Doble

Etsy Shop: Rockin Mama Baby Gear

What do you do? My main profession is bookkeeping. My Etsy site started as a hobby, but is gradually becoming a second business of mine. I make handmade baby gear with Punk and Tattoo style fabrics.

Where do you get your inspiration for your work? My inspiration comes from my personality. I love Punk Rock and Tattoos, and I like to wear & show my personal style in my everyday accessories.

Do you have any pieces that are inspired by fantasy? Or are reminiscent of fantasy? I love goth, tattoo and fantasy inspired things. I try to show that in my items whenever possible. My skull booties are reminiscent of fantasy.

How did you become involved in your work? I have been sewing since I was 6. I have always made little things here and there. My sister gave me the idea when she asked me to make her a diaper bag for her because she said diaper bags in the stores were blah & boring. I remembered when my kids were babies it was also hard for me to find something I really liked.

What made you start selling your creations? After my sister asked me to make her a bag I started talking about the idea of making punk & tattoo style baby gear and I ran into so many other moms who loved the idea. So I started making designs & creating ideas immediately. I met the girl who owns boojiboo here on Etsy at the Harvest Festival here in Las Vegas. She told me about the Etsy community and how easy it was to sell here. I signed up as soon as I got home!

What is your favorite item that you make? Definitely the booties. They are just so small & adorable! I just keep staring at them after I finish a pair.

Which fantasy creature is your favorite: fairy, dragon, or vampire? I love fairies. My grandmother used to tell me that fairies helped her plant her garden. She had all kinds of fairy stories to tell. I even have two large Fairies tattooed on my left arm.

Check out Rockin Mama On:

Website: www.rockinmamabg.etsy.com

Blog: http://rockinmamababygear.blogspot.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rockinmamababygear

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rockinmamabg

Happy October!

Angie & Sarah

La SuaVoce Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment