Sunday, November 15, 2009

You're No "Little Business"

Last week, Sarah and I (as president's of our school's Business and Entrepreneur Club) received the fantastic opportunity to meet with an alumn of our college who was an executive analyist (and a very very nice lady). When we mentioned our jewelry business, she gave us a profound piece of advise:

Many people say they work out of their kitchens or their garages and they say "Oh, I just make jewelry on the side." But they should say, "I own a company." Act like you own a big company, because you do.

Trust me, her exact words were a hundred times more inspiring, but I believe the message is clear YOU'RE NO LITTLE BUSINESS.

So SuaVoce is going to stop thinking like one!

Angie
La SuaVoce Designs

3 comments:

  1. WOW, fantastic advise & such a positive point of view to have for any "home" business.

    I'm Bridget & I own a company specializing in my watercolor art, jewelry designs, papercrafts & more.

    Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great day.

    p.s. I'm going to put a link to your post on my blog/facebook/twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bridget! Glad you found it inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that kind of plays into the other belief of "If you think small, you'll always be small". Think BIG!!

    ReplyDelete